5.27.2012

The Perfect Memorial Day Cookout Dessert


Festive Holiday Goodies

I made these brownies last summer for a July 4th celebration but I think they are just as fitting for Memorial Day.  I would swap out the firecracker bags for clear cello and tie them with some red ribbons in place of the twist ties.  The individual wrapping not only looks great but is perfect for keeping pesky bugs or fingers away before dessert time.


The brownies are Ina’s Outrageous Brownie recipe – the only brownie recipe I use now.  Every time I make these people go nuts.  Oh Ina, you never fail me.  And manageable for a frustrated baker like myself.  I add powdered sugar on top for presentation.


Perfect dessert to bring to that Memorial Day cookout!

All photos by mrs. V
kisses, mrs. V

1 comment:

tearinguphouses said...

good idea... i'm going to make these for the neighbors!