5.30.2012

Tales From the Projects - A Chair Intervention


The Best Little Chairhouse in Texas, and by Texas I mean Ohio

I needed another project like I needed a hole in my head.  But it is time to tackle the tettering tower of wayward and derelict chairs in the garage.  mr. V has threatened.  And that is never pretty.  It is true.  I have a thing for chairs.  Ever the chair chatelaine, I cannot stop dragging them home.  Or accepting cast offs.  No matter the condition.  I have no less than 11 chairs in varied states of undress and in desperate need of a proper upholstery job.


Enter Fanny.  Girl’s been ridden hard and put up wet; her dress is soiled and in tatters and her skin needs buffed, scrubbed, and lady-fied.  But girl’s got some simple sessy curves  and gams going for her, so this gal is first up for a makeover.



Fanny will be receiving a paint job, seat plumping, and some bright fabric.  This is my first attempt at upholstery.  With mr. V’s tutelage, he does car upholstery, I am hoping to only smash my thumb a few times.  This is my inspiration:

Jamie Meares of Furbish Studio is the ORIGINAL chair chatelaine.
She does upholstery like nobody's business.  via


I will keep you abreast of my progress.  I can promise you it will be slow, like all other projects around these parts.
All photos by mrs. V except the last one.
kisses, mrs. V 

1 comment:

Three Sisterz said...

Can't wait to see how you pretty her up! I love the lines of this chair.