3.06.2013

Tales From the Projects - A Blockprinting Update




As promised, a progress report of sorts.  I can now report that the printing portion of my fabric test run is complete.  The process went smoother than anticipated and I am pleasantly surprised with the results.  As is typical with blockprinting, there is variation between each impression but I like the imperfectness of it.  Truly reflects that it was done by hand.  Of course I couldn’t leave it at that.  Me?  Never.  I had to take it one step further and fancy it up.  So I added another step to this multi-step situation by hand painting some metallic gold detailing.




It is taking FOREVER but I super love it. The mr. likes it better without the metallic dots.  Dumb.  Who doesn't love a little turquoise and gold action?  What do you think?  Do you like the gold detail or do you like the dragon nekkid?

All photos and layouts by mrs. V

kisses,  mrs. V

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm a Glitter Girl ... All the Way!! I will try this someday!! xo