5.14.2014

One Room Challenge - Sources



Holy cow, thank you for all of your support on my ORC room.  Makes the 6 week mania all the more worthwhile.  To see the entire evolution of the room from beginning to end, click the following links below:

WEEK 1:  Plan & Inspiration
WEEK 2:  Progress Report – Floors
WEEK 3:  Electricity
WEEK 4:  Upholstery
WEEK 5: Paint & Wallpaper
WEEK 6:  The Reveal

Before I get to the sources, let's talk tablecloth.  THE. TABLECLOTH.  Be still my beating maximal heart.  This fabric kicked off my entire color scheme for the kitchen and I was seriously bummed when I found out it would not be completed in time for the reveal.  But it was oh so worth the wait.  I could not love it any more if I tried.




chairs - IKEA | pillows - custom | candles - Caspari | tablecloth - custom | tablecloth fabric - (no markings) Fabric Shack
  

rug - Ohio Valley Antiques | pendant - Ballard Designs | chandelier - Ohio Valley Antiques | blue and white porcelain - my own collection | butcher block island - handmade by my in-laws | pagoda mirror - Treasure Barn | wallpaper - Scalamandre Parapluie | floor stain - Zar wood stain in Walnut |  wall paint - Sherwin-Williams Emerald paint in Great Green SW 6430 |  cabinet and trim paint - Sherwin-Williams ProClassic Interior Acrylic Latex paint in white

Seriously.  I was so smitten when I picked it up from my seamstress that I briefly considered ditching the whole tablecloth idea in favor of wearing it like a caftan, in a gloriously  insane Scarlett O’Hara meets Auntie Mame kinda way.  It checks every box for me.  Chintz – check.  Chinoiserie – check.  Bright colors – check.  Vibrant pattern play – check.  Dressmaker details – check.  My incredibly talented seamstress turned my vision into reality.  I came to her with gobs of fabric and an idea of a floor length skirt including Greek key trim and a contrast welt to ground the pattern.  She, in turn, worked her magic and created a stunning masterpiece.  The pleating alone quickens my pulse.  Soooo worth the wait.







monogram napkins - Celerie & South | brass rhino napkin holders - vintage | china - vintage Alfred Meakin Pastoral, Spode Pink Tower, and Johnson Bros from my mother's collection | silver - vintage german silver from my husband's grandmother | etched glass - vintage from my mother




sconces - Lamps Plus | leopard prints - The Pink Pagoda | rattan chair frame - Ficks Reed | cushions & pillows - custom


nude painting - vintage | acrylic pedestal - Pedigree Consignments  | ginger jar - vintage



marble backsplash - Ventano marble tiles from Lowes | oil painting - vintage


pineapple print - The Pink Pagoda | mirrored frame - Threshold for Target

A huge congratulations to my fellow participants for creating such amazing spaces and living to tell the ORC tale!  The caliber of work this round was crazy good.  Bravo!



A special thank you to the following sponsors and supporters of Chez V and The One Room Challenge that are graciously providing items to help me bring my vision for this room to life:

All photos and styling by Emily Vanderputten

kisses,  mrs. 

12 comments:

therelishedroost said...

LOVE it!!! What fabulous personality this space has!

Thehouseofhampton said...

I'm dying! LOVE IT! Speechless....
Looking forward to following up on you.
Sharon

Brenda said...

You are the queen of more is more. LOVE this kitchen. This is probably the tenth time I've looked at it.

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

This is amazing!!! I love your mix of patterns! Gorgeous!!

Julia Ryan said...

I feel like I need to personally invite you to my mother's house for brunch. Y'all would get along famously. Your houses/styles could be twinsies. I just emailed her this link. She's all color and pattern and traditional fresh rolled up with some talent just like you friend. I can't stop staring at these pictures! xo

home before dark said...

Holy Shit! This is fabulous—young, vibrant, sassy. Love the pleats. Not only great dressmaker detail, but the pleating makes it easier to sit at this lovely table. It might be old school, as am I, but what about adding a plexi or glass top to deter the red wine drinkers (moi!) from making a muck up on this great table top.

This is such a happy place and I hope you have many, many happy times in it.

Elisa of Fancy Free Me said...

The table cloth is stunning, your lucite chairs make so much sense in front of it. You never want to hide something so beautiful!

pam {simple details} said...

That tablecloth is gorgeous and your Greek key trim, over the top amazing!! I used the fabric for a client not long ago, we found it at Calico Home - Lotus Beige, here is the link:
http://www.calicocorners.com/product/designer+fabrics+for+the+home/shop+by+pattern/floral+and+foliage/lotus+beige.do

Natasha Stevens said...

So gorgeous. That tablecloth is divine.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table setting! The fabrics are so chic! Love the monogrammed napkins with the rhinoceros, such a lovely touch!
E+J

House of Pemberley said...

WOW. I cannot believe how freaking awesome that table cloth is. And you're right...it absolutely sets the room on fire! GREAT job. I am more in love with it each time I look at it. xoxo

Maria at inredningsvis said...

What an AMAZING table setting :) I can move in tomorrow haha

Check out my new post....Inredningsvis Swedish summer vacation :)

I wish you a great autumn dear

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis - Swedish decor, food, and fashion